If you missed my previous post, at the beginning of June I’ve committed to coding at least for an hour after work every day for 30 days.
It’s been a month already, time flies so fast. And I’ve done it, I’ve managed to work on personal projects at least 1 hour every day for the past month. It’s an incredible feeling and I am super happy that I’ve completed this challenge.
- Coding outside of work and working on my side projects feels normal and does not require extra effort.
- A lot of knowledge about working with NextJS, Prisma and the Todoist API.
- An almost-ready application, where I can store all of the recipes for the food I cook and construct shopping lists more efficiently. I am planning to release this app to the public, more on that later.
- It’s better to complete my daily goal in the morning and then I can enjoy a stress-free afternoon. Going home earlier when you just want to hang out with friends, because you did not reach your daily target is not that fun.
- The best way to combat procrastination is to just start and do it for 15 minutes. After some time, I never wanted to abandon what I was doing and go back on YouTube
- Once I start to do stuff, I tend to get more and more ideas about possible projects. The key here is to know my priorities, finish the projects I started and take lots of notes about my ideas.
- Assuming that I have the time, I can develop almost anything I want and that’s a fucking good position to be in. Scratching my own itch and solving my problems could be the number one place to get new projects to work on.
- Committing publicly is an excellent way to stay on track and do the work, even if you don’t feel to do it. Nobody wants to lose face, especially not in front of hundreds of people, right?
Conclusion and next steps
#30DaysOfCode was a lot of fun, and I am sad that it already ended.
But it does not have to end, why not make it longer and reap even more of its benefits?
So starting from today, I’ll continue with the #100DaysOfCode. Same rules as with the previous challenge, at least 1 hour of coding every day outside of work and posting my updates on social media. It’s going to be more tough, as a lot will happen in the next 3 months, but I am up for the challenge 💪🏻.
Do you want to join me? It’s a lot of fun and the benefits are massive!
Thanks for reading, and subscribe to do not miss out on any of my future posts! 🙏